KLA-Tencor AIT Fusion XUV Darkfield Inspection System
Compatible with multiple wafer sizes
The AIT XUV is KLA-Tencor's next-generation double-darkfield optical inspection tool incorporating UV illumination to achieve the critical sensitivity requirements needed for the 65-nm node. The AIT XUV provides detection capability for current-layer defects at speeds up to three times faster than the prior-generation AIT XP system. This includes layers with grain, high color variation, or other noise sources such as CMP layer, copper/low-k interconnects, and multi-layer film stacks. With its improved APS, the AIT XUV also provides better focus, tracking performance, and die-to-die registration while delivering cost of ownership that's among the lowest in the industry.
Optimized Defect Solutions
With a full range of AIT systems now available, fabs can achieve faster time to results while reducing CoO by deploying the right combination of KLA-Tencor inspection tools. Together with the AIT XP+ (cost-effective throughput and sensitivity upgrade from AIT II/III/XP), the 2365 (maximum sensitivity for critical line monitoring applications) and the eS30 (benchmark sensitivity and speed for development, ramp, and production electrical line monitoring), the AIT XUV is part of KLA-Tencor's commitment to provide customers with optimized inspection solutions for throughput, sensitivity, and CoO.
- Higher throughput and sensitivity to meet 65-nm production requirements
- Offers a wide range of spot sizes for optimum speed and sensitivity-1.8 um spot delivers optimal sensitivity and enables detection of defects <50 nm in all channels; 8 um spot enables maximum throughput of >35 wph on 300-mm wafers
- New advanced detection algorithm performs more localized separation between signal and noise for increased capture of existing defects and enhanced detection of new defect types
- Two-dimensional spatial filter increases collection area and enables improved detection of particles and lower-noise defects
- New auto-positioning system (APS) provides improved focus and die-to-die registration for enhanced defect detection
- New autofocus unit (in the microscope) features a movable lens that enables error-signal nulling and full-range use for each of five objectives without compromising performance
- Production-proven iADC (inline automatic defect classification) capability allows for faster time to results through meaningful binning and effective excursion control
- Based on field-proven Adaptive Mode technology for full-die sensitivity without necessitating extra inspection scans
- Field upgradeable from the AIT UV platform
- Location San Jose, CA
There are no questions for this listing.